Skip to the content
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk acquires 1,200+ ventilators from China to help alleviate coronavirus shortage (USA Today), which he plans to distribute for free to the hospitals that need them (Reuters) ADDED: 1st April 2020 and combined on 16th April 2020 as it was the same point. Also, whilst we are aware the ventilators he provided may not be the exact ones required, Musk did confirm hospitals were made aware of the type and model and accepted them anyway, so they were clearly useful in some way.
He also recently said that he would start creating ventilators but Ventilator manufacturers aren’t impressed by Elon Musk’s offer as the task is harder than they believe he knows to be successful (Mashable) EDIT: Removed on 1st April 2020 as it was decided to not be a good enough reason to minus Elon Musk a point for.
- Elon Musk the underplayed coronavirus threat, telling employees that car crashes are more dangerous – Musk sent a memo to SpaceX employees scoffing at the dangers of COVID-19 (The Verge)
- Elon Musk tweeted a piece of misinformation about children being ‘essentially immune’ to the coronavirus (Business Insider)
- Mislead about a treatment/cure for Coronavirus that wasn’t wholly accurate – spreading misinformation (Huffington Post)
- SpaceX childcare workers said they might have been exposed to the coronavirus but Elon Musk makes them work anyway (Buzzfeed News)
- Elon Musk tweets protest against US coronavirus lockdown (The Guardian)
- Tesla emailed workers that they will be on unpaid leave if they aren’t comfortable returning to work (Twitter)
- Elon announced that Tesla was restarting production on 11th May against Alameda County rules (Twitter)
- He later sued Alameda County to force the California factory reopening (Techcrunch)
- And then threatened to move Tesla out of California amid fight over factory shutdown in a tweet (CNBC)